activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alex Dean <a...@crackpot.org>
Subject Re: Beginner problem: Too many consumers on queue after browser restart...
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 16:00:24 GMT

On Sep 30, 2010, at 10:51 AM, jule wrote:

> I just found out that this behaviour can also be reproduced with the
> "chat"-example with an out-of-the-box configured ActiveMQ broker. If a
> client browser is restarted, this example app breaks and the client cannot
> receive anymore.

If you restart your browser, load chat.html, and then reload chat.html again, does it work
for you?

We've been working on a patch for a bug which might be causing what you've reported.  The
initial GET (to start polling) and the POST which adds your subscription to the chat topic
can end up in different sessions.  The solution we're working on is to delay subscribing to
topics until after the first poll returns (using a very short timeout, so it doesn't take
too long).

If that's also the problem you're seeing, a reload should fix things since then the GET &
POST are both using the same session.

alex