activemq-users mailing list archives

From Don Santillan <donzym...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to monitor queue size programmatically?
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 16:58:17 GMT
Hello,

I saw the unit test and noticed that the mbeanServer was derived from
the broker instance which is BrokerService type.

In my case, I am not using BrokerService. My producer/consumer is using
"vm" protocol, such as "vm://localbroker".

How am I able to get a reference to my broker in this setup so that I
can get a reference to the mbeanServer?

Also note that in my test (patterned to MBeanTest.java), where I am
using BrokerService as a broker, the line "mbeanServer =
broker.getManagementContext().getMBeanServer();" throws a compilation
error that says "The method getMBeanServer() from the type
ManagementContext is not visible". So I tried using "mbeanServer =
broker.getManagementContext().findTigerMBeanServer();" and it still
worked in my test.

-don