activemq-users mailing list archives

From zadeluca <zadel...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with AMQCPP, crashes randomly
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:58:21 GMT

Hi,

I have an application running on Windows XP that is both a producer and
consumer; it consumes roughly 300 messages/second, processes each one
individually and produces a response. It crashes at random times (usually
within 3-5 minutes of starting) with errors such as "access restriction
while reading/writing." The stack trace is random also, sometimes in
activemq.dll, sometimes lower where symbols are not available (kernel32.dll,
ntdll.dll, etc).

Here is the interesting part: I moved the application from a dual-core
processor to a single-core, and the error no longer occurs. My application
does not explicitly use multiple threads. I create a connection factory,
connection, and 2 sessions, from which I create a producer and consumer
separately (both using topics). The consumer is set up as an async listener.

My setup: broker and client connected via OpenWire
(uri="tcp://0.0.0.0:61616?transport.keepAliveResponseRequired=true")

Broker - ActiveMQ 5.3.0, running on Linux (Java 1.6.0_17)

Client - ActiveMQ-CPP 3.2.3, running on Windows XP (Visual Studio 2008
Express). I discovered the issue while using 3.0.1, but moved up to the
latest version to see if it still occurred.

It crashes on 2 different dual-core computers (Core 2 Duo 2.53GHz, 4 GB RAM)
but runs fine on the single-core computer (Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 2 GB RAM). All
run Windows XP 32-bit and use Visual Studio 2008 Express.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your time,
Zach