activemq-users mailing list archives

From jule <>
Subject Beginner problem: Too many consumers on queue after browser restart...
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 16:02:02 GMT

Hi there.

I have a problem (likely a lack of configuration) with ActiveMQ 5.4.1. I am
using ActiveMQ to allow a 1-to-1 conversation between two clients:

I have set up the Standalone Broker by extracting it, creating a new folder
in the "webapps"-folder, copied over META-INF and WEB-INF folders from the
"webapps/demo"-folder and duplicated the "demo"-<bean>-entry in the
"jetty.xml"-configuration file (you see, no configuration by myself at all).

On the client side I use the amq.js and its jQuery-adapter. Everything works
fine until I restart the browser of one of the clients. After the restart I
see two consumers on this clients queue and it gets none or only half of the
messages. I can only get it working again by restarting the broker.

If someone has a hint for me I´d appreciate. Tell me if you need more

Thank you for making and supporting ActiveMQ, I am really amazed of how fast
the long poll technique for web-clients works.

Best regards