activemq-users mailing list archives

From "tomasz.masternak" <tomasz.master...@gmail.com>
Subject Memory limit for sum of message sizes on a topic
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 09:52:06 GMT

Hi,

I have following configuration:
1. 4  activemq 5.4 brokers connected into full mesh.
2. One has sender connected and other three one receiver each
3. Producer sends messages to topic on which all receivers are subscribed.
4. I use memory persistence store.

What I want to achieve is limit on total memory (sum of message sizes) per
topic for a broker.
I was trying to use configuration option:

<policyEntry topic=">" producerFlowControl="false" memoryLimit="1mb">
   <pendingSubscriberPolicy>
       <vmCursor />
   </pendingSubscriberPolicy>
</policyEntry>

I would expect it to work in following way. If there is a slow consumer than
after the limit is reached other consumers will have to wait for him until
it frees some space.

Is there a way to achieve such behavior?

Thanks for help
Tomek