activemq-users mailing list archives

From kseelam <krishna_see...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Method setMessagePrioritySupported(true) called on ActiveMQConnectionFactory doesn't work
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:40:32 GMT

Hi Gary

We configure the prioritizedMessages and the messages are retrieving fine
based on priority.
But while producing we had to set the priority to Producer to make it work
like in the source of the priority test.

producer.setPriority(priority);

But it does not work if we set the priority to the message only like below.

message.setJMSPriority( 7 );

Is there any reason why can't we set the periority to message?

Gary Tully wrote:

> priority support needs to be enabled for a destination with a policy
> entry, prioritizedMessages
> see: http://activemq.apache.org/per-destination-policies.html
> The new (5.4) attributes are in red.
>
> To see the programatic setup check out the source of the one of the
> priority tests:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/store/MessagePriorityTest.java?view=markup

Thank you.