activemq-users mailing list archives

From nervousbadger <nervousbad...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ - sending async persistent messages, what is the maximum that can be lost?
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:41:38 GMT

We are using the "jms.useAsyncSend=true" option on the connection factory to
force persistent messages to be sent asynchronously. This means our client
does not wait for an acknowledgement from the server after sending a
message. Our clients are on a different host from the JMS server.

Async sends are described here: http://activemq.apache.org/async-sends.html

We are trying to figure out what the maximum number of messages that could
be lost would be if

(a) either the JMS or the client host machine dies
(b) there is a network outage
(c) a software failure occurs that kills either the client or the JMS server

We are not worried about filesystem corruption in this case.

We don't know if it is possible to put a figure on this, that is what we
would like to find out.

Thanks,
Pete.