activemq-users mailing list archives

From nervousbadger <nervousbad...@googlemail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ - sending async persistent messages, what is the maximum that can be lost?
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:11:49 GMT

Hi,

We are currently in the process of migrating to ActiveMQ from our previous
JMS provider. We hit a big performance issue with message production speeds
on a blade server (we didn't see this during initial testing on a non-blade
server, we suspect it is due to the disk caching in use) - forcing async
send gets round the performance issue, but we are trying to work out if
there is any way of calculating the maximum number of messages that could be
lost on system failure.

We know the size of the messages, is there any way of getting from this to a
maximum number of messages that could be lost?

We can't move to transacted sessions just yet, as this will require code
changes across many components of our system.

Thanks,
Pete.