activemq-users mailing list archives

From baudtender <baudten...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: activemq-cpp failure using stomp with activemq
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 13:05:38 GMT

Short answer - I don't need to use Stomp with c++ when I connect to
ActiveMQ broker, but expect to need to use Stomp with other languages
(such as PHP) where OpenWire is not yet implemented.

The reason I _am_ using Stomp with the AMQCPP client is that I have
validated my packet encoding/decoding over OpenWire and now want to
do the same for packets sent inside of Stomp frames, and c++ is the
most convenient language for me to do quick and dirty mockups - I guess
I just didn't foresee it being this problematic.  I might also need to use
the
AMQCPP client to talk to some other Stomp broker in the future (such as
HornetQ) so testing its Stomp support now does no harm.  I'm also having
problems there with the activemq-cpp-example code, but that has to do
with AMQCPP's apparent insistence on a "queue/" or "topic/" prefix when
subscribing, and HornetQ's unwillingness to allow those in its predefined
queue/topic names, but I'll sort that out later.

I just downloaded all of the ActiveMQ and ActiveMP-CPP stuff last week so
I should have the latest versions of each (5.4.0 & 3.2.2 respectively.)

Thanks again!