activemq-users mailing list archives

From baudtender <baudten...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: activemq-cpp failure using stomp with activemq
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 02:18:42 GMT

That made some progress, Tim, but we're not quite there yet.

Starting activemq with the command:

bin\activemq xbean:activemq-demo.xml

I then loaded the project activemq-cpp-example and changed the brokerURI
to be:
"tcp://127.0.0.1:61613?wireFormat=stomp";

and compiled/executed the example.  No error messages this time, and the
messages
were sent properly (and showed as enqueued in the http admin console.)  But
still
no dequeueing by the consumer.  I put a breakpoint in the first line of
onMessage
and see that it's never getting called - the program just freezes until :
doneLatch.await( waitMillis );
falls through.  Before it falls through and the program ends, I note that
there is
1 consumer listed in the "Queues" page of the http admin console so it does
appear to be connected properly, just not gulping any messages.

Now, by changing the brokerURI to:
"tcp://127.0.0.1:61616"
the producer and consumer both work fine (I used activemq-demo.xml because
it
has connectors for both openwire and stomp - I get the same results for the
stomp brokerURI when I start up activemq using activemq-stomp.xml, although
it seems that .xml puts the connector port for stomp at 61612 and the
stomp+nio
at 61613 - doesn't seem to affect the results when connecting to either
port,
however.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions for a solution.  Thanks
sincerely for all of your hard work, it is very much appreciated!