activemq-users mailing list archives

From rrwoods <rwo...@tresys.com>
Subject broker on specific nic
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:49:14 GMT

Hey all!

I have been assigned the task of configuring ActiveMQ for a project at my
company.  I have a small bit of prior experience interacting with ActiveMQ
at a prior position, but not much; I was a layer away from it, interacting
with it only through a third-party API.

The configuration I'm looking for is to have two brokers, each running on a
different NIC.  First things last:  I have just enough network experience to
know what a NIC is.  I don't have the foggiest as to how to designate which
NIC any application would use, much less how to do it in ActiveMQ.

I have a copy of "ActiveMQ in Action", which seems to have lots of
configuration information on ActiveMQ.  I've learned lots about transports
and connectors, but I don't *think* it contains what I need.  I'm honestly
not sure (if it does, a chapter or page number to point me in the right
direction would be appreciated).

Of course I'm not going to post on an ActiveMQ board asking anyone to spit
out information not relating to ActiveMQ (though if you want to then feel
free :-P), so if my question is indeed outside the specific bounds of using
ActiveMQ, a nudge to the right resource is all I ask for :-)

Just to be clear:  The question is "How do I configure an ActiveMQ broker to
use a specific NIC?"