activemq-users mailing list archives

From petersk <petersk...@msn.com>
Subject Just receive text from STOMP in java
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 21:37:17 GMT

I'd like to simply just be able to receive text sent via Python in STOMP
using java/Spring.  Is there ANY way to do this?  I see in this web site:
http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html
that ActiveMQ provides a STOMP API.  Is THAT what everyone is using to
receive STOMP text?  Otherwise, I assume everyone's using the JSON converter
method?
  Just looking for some best practices here?  Is there a "java-based" on
message listener thread to use like the Spring
DefaultMessageListenerContainer?

I've done A LOT of internet searching and really don't see any solutions
presented other than the mapped message solution or JSON solution.  Why
can't it just be simple to just get some text?

Kurt