activemq-users mailing list archives

From francesco <>
Subject Virtual Topic doubts
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 11:47:58 GMT

Hallo all!

I'm quite new to virtual topics and actually I can't have them working.

First of all:
virtual topic with the syntax as are enabled by
default with activemq 5.4, correct?

Please correct me if I misunderstood: if I'm a stomp user, I would post to

and I could read at:

where bacedifo is simply a label, it is not required to be in-sync with
clientID or something else.

(Something has to be wrong there because it doesn't work.)

Moreover: how could I test virtualTopics from the web utility interface?

If I post a message to with the "send" command to the topic
"VirtualTopic/hellos" where should it show up? Where should I go to
browse it? Under "queues" or under "topics"? Unfortunately messages
looks vanished.

Did I forget something to activate this feature or did I miss something
important in documentation?

Thank you,