activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: ActiveMQ C++ build errors
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 13:05:04 GMT
On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 08:50 +0100, Neil Pritchard wrote:

> [...]
instructions kindly provided by

> > http://code.google.com/p/pyactivemq/wiki/Building
> >
> > and
> >
> > http://www.nighttale.net/activemq/pyactivemq-on-ubuntu.html
> >
> > I get as far as "./autogen.sh && ./configure --prefix=/opt/activemq-cpp
&& make && make install" and get the response :-

> > "
> > aclocal: couldn't open directory 'config': No such file or directory
> > autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
> > "
> >
> > So in an attempt to get more debug info I created an empty directory called  'config'
an ran it again, this is the response that I got:-

> > "
> > .ibtoolize: AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR({m4}) conflicts with ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS=-I m4
> > autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
> > "
> >
> > Does any one have an idea what the problem could be or where I should look
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Neil
>
> First question, if you run those commands separately, which one is
> actually failing.
>
> Second, since you are doing a make install into /opt/ does the user
> account have access to that folder?
>
> Regards

The fact that you don't have a config dir is an error, as the CPP
distribution ships with an already configured config directory.  You
shouldn't even need to run the autogen.sh on most systems if you are
using AMQCPP releases in the 3.x series.  I'd try grabbing a copy of the
latest 3.2.2 release and going from there.

Regards

--
Tim Bish

My Blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/