activemq-users mailing list archives

From jsvaughan <jsvaug...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Want one broker, two turn up
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 09:59:39 GMT

I think that may be it.

I changed the camel import to exclude activemq:

<dependency>
	<groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
	<artifactId>activemq-camel</artifactId>
	<version>5.4.0</version>
	<exclusions>
		<exclusion>
			<groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
			<artifactId>activemq-core</artifactId>
		</exclusion>
		<exclusion>
			<groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
			<artifactId>activemq-pool</artifactId>
		</exclusion>
	</exclusions>
</dependency>

Then found that I needed activemq-pool in my tomcat common lib dir (so it
must have been using one internal to the web app)

Incidentally I also came across:
"Cannot convert value of type"
org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory to required type
javax.jms.ConnectionFactory

Which was because I had the geronimo jms specs in my classloader

With that excluded too:

<dependency>
	<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
	<artifactId>camel-jms</artifactId>
	<version>2.4.0</version>
	<exclusions>
                <!-- some other exclusions in here too... -->
		<exclusion>
		    <!--  To be provided by the container -->
		   <artifactId>geronimo-jms_1.1_spec</artifactId>
		</exclusion>
	</exclusions>
</dependency>

Then the appserver starts up without an exception and I see this only once:

INFO: ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker (localhost,
ID:MV5-56410-1283507517122-0:0) started
03-Sep-2010 10:51:57 org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector start
INFO: Connector vm://localhost Started

Thank you very much for replying!  Hugely appreciated, feel that I am
sweating my way through this.  Hopefully someone else will find this useful.

Jon