activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ C++ build errors
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 17:45:53 GMT
On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 16:58 +0100, Neil Pritchard wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to build activeMQ-CPP as part of pyactivemq on ubuntu 10.4, using the instructions
kindly provided by

> http://code.google.com/p/pyactivemq/wiki/Building
>
> and
>
> http://www.nighttale.net/activemq/pyactivemq-on-ubuntu.html
>
> I get as far as "./autogen.sh && ./configure --prefix=/opt/activemq-cpp &&
make && make install" and get the response :-

> "
> aclocal: couldn't open directory 'config': No such file or directory
> autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
> "
>
> So in an attempt to get more debug info I created an empty directory called  'config'
an ran it again, this is the response that I got:-

> "
> .ibtoolize: AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR({m4}) conflicts with ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS=-I m4
> autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
> "
>
> Does any one have an idea what the problem could be or where I should look
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Neil

First question, if you run those commands separately, which one is
actually failing.

Second, since you are doing a make install into /opt/ does the user
account have access to that folder?

Regards

--
Tim Bish