activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ connection time out IPV6 address
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:58:05 GMT
There are some details on java and ipv6 at:
http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/guide/net/ipv6_guide/
that may give you some additional insight. Some behavior on dual host
machines is platform/OS specific

However, if the box only supports ipv6 you may have to specify the
wildcard address in ipv6 format, by default the ipv4 all interfaces or
wildcard address (0.0.0.0) should map to both ipv4 and ipv6 interfaces
on a dual interface machine but possibly not in your case.

Try using the ipv6 wildcard address, a URI of the
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2732.html form in the broker
configuration.
If this works, it may indicate that the box is configured to just use
ipv6 which may or may not be what you want.

<transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://[::]:61616"/>