activemq-users mailing list archives

From James Strachan <>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ vs. Camel vs. Qpid
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 11:24:08 GMT
On 26 August 2010 11:53, heapifyman <> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am quite new to the whole messaging thing and I am a bit confused about
> the differences between ActiveMQ, Camel and Qpid. Especially, which tool
> would be suited best for which scenarios?

To specifically answer this part of your question; if you want to
integrate stuff together - whether the stuff comes from files,
databases, message brokers, web services or whatever, I'd recommend
Camel. Its what its great for.

If you want

* to connect your systems together using a high performance reliable
message broker
* a reliable & high performance load balancing (with optional
persistence & transactions) of requests across your services
* to disseminate business events across your systems using a variety
of protocols like OpenWire / Stomp / REST / WebSockets

then I'd recommend ActiveMQ.

Open Source Integration

View raw message