activemq-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Wasilczuk <andrew.wasilc...@netdev.co.uk>
Subject Re: non-durable queues?
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 14:27:30 GMT
On 19/08/2010 15:00, George H wrote:
> http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-disable-persistence.html

Thanks for the link George.  However, as far as I understand, disabling
persistace means that the pending messages won't be spooled to disk and
won't survive a broker restart.  But if the broker is running and I
disconnect the consumer, send some messages to the queue and reconnect
the consumer, it will get flooded with all the pending messages.  This
isn't the behaviour I was talking about.  I need the messages to go to
bin when there are no consumers.

I already have the NON_PERSISTENT message delivery flag set on the producer.

Cheers,

Andrew.
--
[ Andrew Wasilczuk   | Service Support Engineer ]
[ NetDev Limited     | http://netdev.co.uk/     ]