activemq-users mailing list archives

From jns <jigs...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ connection time out IPV6 address
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 20:50:17 GMT

Problem:- ActiveMQ is installed on a linux machine which can be reachable by
ping6. When broker URL is given as hostname, the messages are consumed.
However, as soon as I specify broker URL in IPV6 format, I get connection
timeout error.

Broker URL:-
tcp://[fe80::XXX:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX]:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=1000

Error:-
javax.jms.JMSException: Could not connect to broker URL:
tcp://[fe80::XXX:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX]:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=1000.
Reason: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

Broker.xml:-
        <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://0.0.0.0:61616"/>
        </transportConnectors>

Code segment where I get error:-

connectionFactory = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(user, password, url);
connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();

Can anyone please point out if any parameters need to be set for dealing
with IPV6 address. Any help would be very much appreciated. I am using
ActiveMQ 5.3.0.