activemq-users mailing list archives

From co11983 <ske...@gmail.com>
Subject Redelivery Policy
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 23:25:50 GMT

I'm using ActiveMQ 5.3.2 with Websphere 6.1 and I am have trouble getting
rollbacks to work.  My messages are marked as PERSISTENT.  My rollbacks just
move the message to the DLQ.  I would like the message to be redelivered to
the original queue using a maximumRedeliveries set to 4.  After the 4th
attempt the message should be movied to the DLR.  Below is the policyEntry I
added to the activemq.xml configuration file.  What step am I missing to get
redeliveries to work?

           <policyEntry queue=">" >
                  <deadLetterStrategy>
                  <individualDeadLetterStrategy queuePrefix="DLQ."

useQueueForQueueMessages="true"
                                                processExpired="false"
                                                processNonPersistent="false"
                  />
                  <redeliveryPolicy maximumRedeliveries="4"
backOffMode="true"
                    initialRedeliveryTimeout="30000"
backOffIncreaseRate="1.0"/>

                  </deadLetterStrategy>