activemq-users mailing list archives

From iDemmel <>
Subject [BEGINNER] Question about configuration
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 12:35:38 GMT

I need the broker to hold me 50,000 messages in a queue before starting to
write to my HDD.
Being new to ActiveMQ, I tried changing the config a bit. I tried to change
the following config(I couldn't find something for amount of messages, so I
just took memory), with no success:
1) <policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="true" memoryLimit="128mb">
2) <systemUsage>
                <memoryUsage><memoryUsage limit="256 mb"/></memoryUsage>
                <storeUsage><storeUsage limit="1 gb"
                <tempUsage><tempUsage limit="100 mb"/></tempUsage>

Whatever I do with these values, once I start producing (a lot), my HDD goes
crazy, even from the start.
I'm just a beginner, and I'm probably missing something basic but please
help me out.

To summarize my questions:
1) How do I keep the queue in RAM only until it reaches 50k entries ?
2) Is it possible to configure the above with an amount of messages instead
of memory?

Thank you for your time