activemq-users mailing list archives

From clark.obr...@ttmsolutions.com
Subject Re: Please Help
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:56:28 GMT
QD,
I would go with one topic per table . Using selectors is possible but will degrade performance
and will also limit your options for achieving horizontal scalability down the road.

-clark
-----Original Message-----
From: qin ding [mailto:qinding1@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 09:07 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Please Help

Hi, I am using activemq to implement my game. I have n number of game tables and n number
of players at each table. Right now, a queue is setup to send all requests from all users
of all tables. A request handler listens to the queue, after the request arrives, it processes
the request and then sends a response to a topic. All players are subscribed to the topic.
Therefore they all receive the same response.This is not exactly what I want. I want all players
at one table receives the message. Say, player1 and player2 sit at the table1. When a player1
send a request, and both player1 and player2 get the response; but no other players at other
tables should get the response.First I thiink the selector is good for this usecase. tableName
= '[table name value]' but since the table name is runtime property, I don't know how it can
be implemented.Then I think use the message group. However, I don't see the expected result
after I add replyMessage.setStringProperty("JMSXGroupID", tableName);.Then I think I should
create one topic for one table and make players at the table subscribe the toptic. In this
case, lots of topics will be created depending on the tables are created at runtime. And I
need to find way to clean the topics when tables are no longer used.What should I correctly
implement the use case? In brief, all players sit at one table should be communicated or share
messages among themselves. Players from different tables do not.Thank you very much for any
advise.QD