activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jian....@sybase.com
Subject question on ActiveMQ performance using 10GBP network card
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 05:27:10 GMT
Hi All,

I am wring this email because I am doing a in-house performance tests
for ActiveMQ, version 5.3.1, and hit a performance issue.

The purpose of the test is to measure the scalability of AMQ by
 -. setting up N pairs of PUB/SUB with N topics.
 -. non-durable subscribers
 -. non-persistent messaging
 -. Both publishers and consumers are running on Machine A(8 Core/CPU,
32GBRAM, 10GBPS Network);
 -. Subscribers are runing on Machine B(8 Core/CPU, 32GBRAM, 10GBPS
Network).
 -. ByteMessage is used, each message size is 32k;
 -. JDK 1.6.21
 -. Redhat Linux 2.6.18-164.e15 #1 SMP x86_64

The test results are somewhat surprised me. The best throughput is
achieved by
using only 1 pair of PUB/SUB. And the more pairs of PUB/SUB, the slower
throughput is.

I wonder, if any people in this mail list had done similar research around

this area. If you have any idea or solution, could you shield me some
light
on it?

Thank you very much.

                ---Jerry