activemq-users mailing list archives

From Hammad.S...@gpj.com
Subject Broker clustering with Mutlicast not working
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 15:46:55 GMT
I have two brokers, both embedded inside JBoss running on two different
machines within the same network. I  have the following network and
transport settings for the brokers:

Broker1:
       <networkConnectors>
          <networkConnector uri="multicast://default"/>
        </networkConnectors>

<transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:0"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>

Broker2:
        <networkConnectors>
          <networkConnector uri="multicast://default"/>
        </networkConnectors>

<transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:0"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>

When i run the two brokers with these settings i see the network bridge
error. But running two brokers with the same settings on my local machine
runs fine.

Related question is that if i have a producer and consumer with the
following connection property:
 <property name="brokerURL"
value="discovery:(multicast://default)?initialReconnectDelay=100"/>

provided the two brokers are connected, does it mean that when i send the
message to the Queue running on one broker it would be copied to the other
broker too? And does
it mean that it would be consumed twice?

Thanks!
Hammad