activemq-users mailing list archives

From andrew.mar...@uk.bnpparibas.com
Subject Desperate for working AMQ-cpp for VS2005
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 15:26:10 GMT
I am having a terrible time with amq-cpp 3.2.x on VS2005. I used MPC to
generate the missing VS 2005 files and everything rebuilt ok but there are
still problems:

in Debug mode my app fails to link with the error fatal error LNK1106:
invalid file or disk full

in Release mode it linked but blew up with a core dump as soon as it tried
to use AMQ (not sure which call).

I think there may be still something wrong with my build env but I do not
know what. I note that I have to link with the APR libraries. I thought
these were C libraries so I took prebuilts from sourceforge. Do I need to
do my own build of these as well. I am wondering if the C++ macros I am
forced to use also have to be enabled here. They are:

  macros += WIN32
  macros += _WINDOWS
  macros += NOMINMAX

  macros += _SECURE_SCL_THROWS=1
  macros += _SECURE_SCL=1
  macros += _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
  macros += _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE
  macros += _MBCS

  macros += _VC80_UPGRADE=0x0600

I assumed I wouldn't need these since the APR is coded in C. However, I
now remember that VS does not provide a separate C compiler. One has to
run C code through the C++ compiler so maybe these macros might have an
effect.

I would really appreciate a release of AMQ-cpp with VS files for VS2005.

Regards,

Andrew Marlow

delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in
this e-mail is prohibited.

Please refer to http://www.bnpparibas.co.uk/en/information/legal_information.asp?Code=ECAS-845C5H
 for additional disclosures.