activemq-users mailing list archives

From andrew.mar...@uk.bnpparibas.com
Subject activemq-cpp, exception specifications and VS 2005
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 16:25:16 GMT
In my attempts to sort out what is wrong with my release mode build I am
making all the build properties identical between my app and amq-cpp. I
even made the warning levels the same, level 3. And that's when I got hit
by loads of C4290 warnings. C4290 is 'exception specification ignored'.

Can we please say:

#ifdef _MSC_VER
#pragma warning (disable: 4290)
#endif

in files that use exception specifications? This might also be a good time
to look at a way of disabling them at the flick of a switch. C++0x will
deprecate exception specifications so even building with GCC will cause
deprecation warnings at some point. AMQ-cpp would need to support being
built with both kinds of GCC, which is why it would be nice to be
switchable.

Regards,

Andrew Marlow

delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in
this e-mail is prohibited.

Please refer to http://www.bnpparibas.co.uk/en/information/legal_information.asp?Code=ECAS-845C5H
 for additional disclosures.