activemq-users mailing list archives

From Neil Pritchard <Neil.Pritch...@securetrading.com>
Subject pyactivemq
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:10:16 GMT
Hi,

I'm using activemq as an exchange and consumer of amqp messages in a distributed system that's
written largely in python but has some java components, and a python stomp library for producing
messages in the python components.  ActiveMQ seems to be far superior to anything else that
I could find for Python, OpenWire seems more reliable that STOMP.  I couldn't find a Python
library that supports OpenWire for consuming messages, but do need one.

As far as I can see the only option available to me is to compile the C++ implementation of
ActiveMQ for Python, this would be a good option.  Can anyone point me in the direction of
some decent instructions for compiling this ?

If there were a Debian / Ubuntu managed deb or a RedHat managed RPM that would be ideal, otherwise
I'll have to compile it myself.

Thanks for any help.