activemq-users mailing list archives

From Neil Pritchard <Neil.Pritch...@securetrading.com>
Subject How is the Message ID compiled
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:15:03 GMT
Hi,

I'm using ActiveMQ as an exchange and consumer of messages to trigger a process that sends
another message vi http post to a third parties system.  The third party requires that the
messages that they receive carry a unique identifier.  My intention is to simply relay the
Message ID to them but would like to check how the message ID is built up first and of course
confirm that it is unique.  Would the MessgaeID be reset if the boroker (or network of brokers
in this case) were restarted when empty.  For reference I'm using Kaha for persistence.

Many thanks for any help.

Neil