activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stan Lewis <>
Subject Re: Solaris SPARC, queued messages never handled
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2010 11:40:02 GMT
What version are you running?  Can you post the exact code the
consumer is using to connect and register it's message listener?  Also
does this behavior happen with the example producer/consumer shipped
with activemq?

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 6:51 AM, zagiatakrapovic <> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I experience a very strange problem. The software I'm maintaining is running
> under Windows, Linux and Solaris (x86, SPARC). Now with the new release
> everything seems fine except Solaris SPARC (v.10 and v.9). Under Solaris the
> queued messages are never processed. If I copy the very same installation
> folder to a Linux machine, everything works fine!
> We are using JMS to pass messages from one host to another (only in one
> direction) with help of a ssl-queue.
> In order to find the problem we turned on debugging in activemq and our
> software. We investigated the handshake, the transmission and the queue and
> its messages. Everything works fine. The messages are received and queued
> properly. But there is never a callback to the "onMessage()" method,
> registered as consumer of the queue (yes I have seen and tried: "I am not
> receiving any messages - what is wrong?").
> We tried to switch of 'clientAuth' in ssl and even went to pure tcp://
> connections with no changes of the behaviour.
> We thought that one possible problem with Solaris could be the long TCP
> timeout for connections with TIME_WAIT status. Even the program was stopped
> the queue connections were still present (in netstat) for about 2h. A
> restart of the program led to activemq connection problems, we are handling
> this issue by collecting the connection and disposing the queue.
> Nevertheless we corrected that using 'ndd' (after a long stfw-session). The
> timeout is now at the min. of 10s.
> I think we tried out every possible argument of tcp:// and ssl://, with no
> luck.
> Debugging with JMX did not work properly on Solaris (using FUSE,
> ActiveMQBrowser), we couldn't figure out how to properly set it up (we tried
> the url argument and the JVM argument) without changing code (querying the
> web has shown that we are not the only persons failing on this). JConsole
> did work out and we could verify that messages are received at least.
> The worst thing is we have no clue were to look further. There are no error
> messages at all.
> We also tried other versions of the activemq: 5.0 - 5.3.2, same result.
> Before we start to check every 'diff' in the new release compared to the old
> working one, I thought maybe someone could give me a hint were to look or
> how to collect more information about the problem.
> I know this short summary is everything else than complete or precise, hence
> I will be pleased to answer any further questions you may have ....
> --
> View this message in context:
> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at

View raw message