activemq-users mailing list archives

From Romain CHANU <romainch...@gmail.com>
Subject Overhead between network of brokers and direct TCP socket connection
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 02:22:17 GMT
Hi,

I am facing an interesting case study.

I have 2 systems in different geographical locations with a limited
bandwidth:

>From primary system (A) to secondary system (B): 64 kbps uplink
>From secondary system (B) to primary system (A): 512 kbps uplink

Systems A and B are in different subnets and we use a router between the two
systems.

Each system is composed of a few servers communicating internally with
ActiveMQ.

We are looking right now at the communication between each system. We could
use ActiveMQ to form a network of brokers between the two systems, and send
information through it.

My guess, i may be wrong, is that ActiveMQ will send over some information
to maintain the connection for the network of brokers.

1) Does anyone has an idea of the bandwidth consumption in this case?

2) Would you recommend to use a network of brokers or a direct TCP socket
connection in such situation?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Romain.