activemq-users mailing list archives

From James Casey <jamesc....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pyactivemq
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 18:52:14 GMT
On 26 July 2010 18:10:16 UTC+2, Neil Pritchard
<Neil.Pritchard@securetrading.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using activemq as an exchange and consumer of amqp messages in a distributed system
that's written largely in python but has some java components, and a python stomp library
for producing messages in the python components.  ActiveMQ seems to be far superior to anything
else that I could find for Python, OpenWire seems more reliable that STOMP.  I couldn't find
a Python library that supports OpenWire for consuming messages, but do need one.

> As far as I can see the only option available to me is to compile the C++ implementation
of ActiveMQ for Python, this would be a good option.  Can anyone point me in the direction
of some decent instructions for compiling this ?

> If there were a Debian / Ubuntu managed deb or a RedHat managed RPM that would be ideal,
otherwise I'll have to compile it myself.

Hi Neil,

There are pyactivemq + activemq-cpp  RPMs  in Fedora for FC11 to FC14
and in EPEL for RHEL6.  Due to dependencies it's not possible to have
rpms in the standard distros but people on the list have successfully
built for RHEL5 too.

cheers,

James.