activemq-users mailing list archives

From Erik Martino Hansen <>
Subject Port sharing with servlet engine
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:00:22 GMT

Is it possible to let activemq share a port (80 or 8080) with a servlet
engine like Jetty or Tomcat? So that a single port on a single server serves
standard http requests and jms broker communication.

The examples I could find seems to assume that the activemq broker owns the

If that is not possible could you point me to another protocol that let me
efficiently push messages from a web server to a java client. I have found
examples on java server to flex (blazeds), java server to html+javascript
(atmosphere) but not java server to java client.