activemq-users mailing list archives

From Erik Martino Hansen <erik.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Port sharing with servlet engine
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:00:22 GMT

Is it possible to let activemq share a port (80 or 8080) with a servlet
engine like Jetty or Tomcat? So that a single port on a single server serves
standard http requests and jms broker communication.

The examples I could find seems to assume that the activemq broker owns the
port.

If that is not possible could you point me to another protocol that let me
efficiently push messages from a web server to a java client. I have found
examples on java server to flex (blazeds), java server to html+javascript
(atmosphere) but not java server to java client.