activemq-users mailing list archives

From nervousbadger <nervousbad...@googlemail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ Session Task thread name
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:38:38 GMT

Hi there,

We are using ActiveMQ v5.3.1. We have multiple sessions per connection, each
processing incoming messages. The problem we have is that each session
dispatch thread has the same name - "ActiveMQ Session Task". We would like
each thread to have a unique name to aid debugging using our application log
files.

Looking at the code for ActiveMQConnection, I can see:

public TaskRunnerFactory getSessionTaskRunner() {
    synchronized (this) {
        if (sessionTaskRunner == null) {
            sessionTaskRunner = new TaskRunnerFactory("ActiveMQ Session
Task", ThreadPriorities.INBOUND_CLIENT_SESSION, false, 1000,
isUseDedicatedTaskRunner());
        }
    }
    return sessionTaskRunner;
}

So it looks like I can't configure this. Is there a way to do this, or will
I need to patch the code?

Thanks,

Pete.