activemq-users mailing list archives

From ripienaar <...@devco.net>
Subject Re: Correct way to build a mesh of brokers
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:10:07 GMT

Gary Tully wrote:

> set decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority=true because the topic duplicate
> suppression logic depends on priority to remove a duplicate network
> subscription.

Thanks for your reply, have tried this before, tried again now this is the
setup from one of the 3:

        <networkConnectors>
          <networkConnector name="dev3-dev1"
uri="static:(tcp://dev1.xx.net:6166)" networkTTL="3" duplex="false"
decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="true"/>
          <networkConnector name="dev3-dev2"
uri="static:(tcp://dev1.xx.net:6166)" networkTTL="3" duplex="false"
decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="true"/>
        </networkConnectors>

I've removed all the authentication and authorization from the 3 brokers as
well just in case, a full config from one of them:
http://www.pastie.org/1060266

The others just mirror it.

So with a consumer on dev1, dev2 and dev3 to /topic/foo and producing a
message to the topic on dev3 then dev2 and 1 will both get the message
twice.