activemq-users mailing list archives

From Pavel Moravec <pavel.mora...@acision.com>
Subject Storage utilisation not decreasing when memory utilisation reaches 70%
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:32:19 GMT

Hello,
we experience the following problem when using Active-MQ 5.3.2 for
forwarding persistent messages.

Time to time, consumers don't read mails from Active-MQ sufficiently fast so
memory utilisation reaches 70%. Further mails are stored on disk and storage
utilisation is growing. Once consumers are ready again, all the stored
emails both from memory and disk are consumed. However, storage utilisation
does not drop back to zero.

Repeating the scenario above, I finished with (almost) no email in memory or
in storage while storage usage is 100%. Active-MQ is not accepting new mails
while it is not feeding consumers having nothing inside. A restart resolves
the problem.

Can't be there something wrong with the storage utilisation counter? Has
somebody met the same issue already?

Thanks in advance for a feedback.