activemq-users mailing list archives

From Eric-AWL <eric.vinc...@atosorigin.com>
Subject Duplex and network fault.
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:17:30 GMT

Hi

In the case where network is alternatively on/off in a duplex multicast
configuration, I first discovered that the "network connector side" broker
was sometimes blocked on "RemoteBrokerNameKnownLatch" latch.

I think that I resolved this problem by
- adding a countdown() call on this latch at the end of the stop() method
- correctly managing an exception to alert the discovery connector that the
bridge was disposed during the start call.

Now, I think that I have a problem on the other side with this
configuration.
T0                                   - A duplex connection is correctly
established
T0+X minutes                    - the network is down, the duplex bridge
back is stopped, but the corresponding transport (back) connection seems not
to be closed
T0+X minutes + x ms          - the networl is up : a new transport
connection want to be established and is established
T0+X minutes + y seconds   - the transport inactivity thread closes the old
transport connection

(y seconds >> x milliseconds)

All seems Ok, but no message are exchanged with this bridge.

Eric-AWL