activemq-users mailing list archives

From dnn <Daniel.Nawro...@ngc.com>
Subject Re: XBean 'start=false' not working?
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:51:15 GMT

Gary Tully wrote:

> You may need to upgrade to 5.3.2, on trunk, the RAR broker start is
> done in its own thread so it does not block the initiator. Also, the
> PostConstruct does check the start flag in XBeanBrokerService.
> What version are you using?

I'm using 5.3.1.  I'm not using the RAR (at least I don't think so) -- AMQ
is being initialized via xbean in my Spring application context.

The XBeanBrokerService#afterPropertiesSet() method DOES check the start flag
and is annotated as @PostConstruct so it's called at startup.  However, the
issue is with the BrokerService#start() method having the @PostConstruct
annotation as well.  Unless I'm missing something, there is no way for the
BrokerService class to check the 'start' flag in the XBeanBrokerService
subclass.  Spring will call BOTH @PostConstruct methods.
XBeanBrokerService#afterPropertiesSet() will check the 'start' flag and not
start the broker.  When the BrokerService#start() method is called, however,
the broker is started.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Dan