activemq-users mailing list archives

From dnn <Daniel.Nawro...@ngc.com>
Subject XBean 'start=false' not working?
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 19:20:43 GMT

Has anyone had problems with the XBean 'start=false' not actually disabling
the Broker startup on launch?  I am using Spring 2.5.5 and noticed that
@PostConstruct annotation on the BrokerService#start method does not take
the XBeanBrokerService#start flag into account.  After commenting out the
@PostConstruct annotation on BrokerService#start(), it worked as expected
and the broker was not started.

My problem is that I'm trying to use the shared filesystem master/slave
architecture and the JBoss main thread ends up calling BrokerService#start
(causing the method to block indefinitely waiting for the FS lock).  JBoss
doesn't seem to play nicely with its main thread blocked and will not shut
down gracefully.

Does anyone know of any other workarounds?

Thanks,
Dan