activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alex Dean <ad...@meteostar.com>
Subject Re: messages sent via stomp are not received in ajax client
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 20:44:36 GMT

On Jul 9, 2010, at 1:50 PM, Alex Dean wrote:

> I have a Ruby script which publishes a message to an ActiveMQ topic
> via Stomp.  I'm attempting to send these messages to the topic used
> by the demo chat.html included in ActiveMQ, so I'm using the XML
> message format expected by that page.  chat.html is this one : http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/activemq/branches/activemq-5.3/activemq-web-demo/src/main/webapp/chat.html?r=HEAD

My problem appears to be the same one described here : http://juretta.com/log/2009/05/24/activemq-jms-stomp/

Stomp messages which include a content-length header are converted to
BytesMessages by ActiveMQ.  Messages without a content-length header
are converted to TextMessages.  TextMessages are delivered to
JavaScript OK via AJAX, but BytesMessages are not.

If I hack the Ruby stomp code to not send a content-length header, my
Ruby-published messages start appearing in chat.html.  Is there a
better way to solve this problem?

thanks,
alex