activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pyactivemq
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:05:37 GMT
On Mon, 2010-07-26 at 20:52 +0200, James Casey wrote:
> On 26 July 2010 18:10:16 UTC+2, Neil Pritchard
> <Neil.Pritchard@securetrading.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using activemq as an exchange and consumer of amqp messages in a distributed
system that's written largely in python but has some java components, and a python stomp library
for producing messages in the python components.  ActiveMQ seems to be far superior to anything
else that I could find for Python, OpenWire seems more reliable that STOMP.  I couldn't find
a Python library that supports OpenWire for consuming messages, but do need one.

> > As far as I can see the only option available to me is to compile the C++ implementation
of ActiveMQ for Python, this would be a good option.  Can anyone point me in the direction
of some decent instructions for compiling this ?

> > If there were a Debian / Ubuntu managed deb or a RedHat managed RPM that would be
ideal, otherwise I'll have to compile it myself.

> Hi Neil,
>
> There are pyactivemq + activemq-cpp  RPMs  in Fedora for FC11 to FC14
> and in EPEL for RHEL6.  Due to dependencies it's not possible to have
> rpms in the standard distros but people on the list have successfully
> built for RHEL5 too.
>
> cheers,
>
> James.

There's also some good instructions for building pyActiveMQ on Ubuntu
here:
http://www.nighttale.net/activemq/pyactivemq-on-ubuntu.html

Regards

--