activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: activemq-cpp, exception specifications and VS 2005
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 17:24:41 GMT
On Mon, 2010-07-05 at 17:25 +0100, andrew.marlow@uk.bnpparibas.com
wrote:
> In my attempts to sort out what is wrong with my release mode build I am
> making all the build properties identical between my app and amq-cpp. I
> even made the warning levels the same, level 3. And that's when I got hit
> by loads of C4290 warnings. C4290 is 'exception specification ignored'.
>
> Can we please say:
>
> #ifdef _MSC_VER
> #pragma warning (disable: 4290)
> #endif
>
> in files that use exception specifications? This might also be a good time
> to look at a way of disabling them at the flick of a switch. C++0x will
> deprecate exception specifications so even building with GCC will cause
> deprecation warnings at some point. AMQ-cpp would need to support being
> built with both kinds of GCC, which is why it would be nice to be
> switchable.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andrew Marlow

> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately
and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is prohibited.

> Please refer to http://www.bnpparibas.co.uk/en/information/legal_information.asp?Code=ECAS-845C5H
 for additional disclosures.

You can disable those warnings in your projects settings.

Regards

--
Tim Bish

My Blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/