activemq-users mailing list archives

From andrew.mar...@uk.bnpparibas.com
Subject how to detect on server side when queue manager has gone away?
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:53:48 GMT
I am using AMQ-cpp without the failover feature, good though that feature
is. I am concerned with hwo to detect when the Q mgr has gone away. On the
client side I have found that if I send a message when the broker is no
longer running I get an exception. This enables me to test and recover on
the client side. But I am not sure what to do on the server side.

The client side is easy because I can send a special message which I can
rig the server to ignore. But the server is just sitting on a consumer
receive and does not seem to get an exception when the broker goes away.
Unlike  the client I can't write a message. The server only writes replies
to requests and does so using a temporary Q. So I wonder what cn be
done....

Regards,

Andrew Marlow

delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in
this e-mail is prohibited.

Please refer to http://www.bnpparibas.co.uk/en/information/legal_information.asp?Code=ECAS-845C5H
 for additional disclosures.