activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jamie McCrindle <jamiemccrin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spring && DefaultMessageListenerContainer && JmsTemplate && maxMessagesPerTask == 1 && Network of Brokers && maxConcurrentConsumer > 1 == Crumple
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:03:53 GMT
Awesome! Thanks.

cheers,
j.

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Gary Tully <gary.tully@gmail.com> wrote:
> Test case is great, thanks, I have opened
> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2754 to track this, just
> validating the fix at the moment.
>
> On 8 May 2010 07:43, Jamie McCrindle <jamiemccrindle@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Bruce,
>>
>> It's just the 2 brokers at the moment and prefetchSize is set to 1. It
>> looks like a combination of spring's dynamic connection scaling,
>> having maxMessagesPerTask set to 1 and the the network bridge
>> connection getting lost.
>>
>> cheers,
>> j.
>>
>> On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 1:16 AM, Bruce Snyder <bruce.snyder@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Jamie McCrindle
>> > <jamiemccrindle@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >> Greetings all,
>> >>
>> >> After some weeks of scratching my head, I _believe_ I have found the
>> >> magic combination that appears to be causing messages to become stuck
>> >> in our network of brokers. It's so convoluted that it's entirely
>> >> likely that the error isn't what I think it is but I have managed to
>> >> create a test case that mirrors the behaviour we're seeing live. And
>> >> it goes something like this:
>> >>
>> >> We have two brokers in a network of brokers. Producers were publishing
>> >> to a queue on one of the brokers and consumers reading off the queue
>> >> in the other broker. After a short while, messages would suddenly pile
>> >> up on the 'producer' broker and not get read off on the 'consumer'
>> >> broker.
>> >>
>> >> Pause for lots of random testing...
>> >>
>> >> It appeared that the network bridge subscription from the 'consumer'
>> >> broker was disappearing from the 'producer' broker, causing the pile
>> >> up.
>> >>
>> >> More testing later...
>> >>
>> >> And it looks like if we have a DefaultMessageListenerContainer with
>> >> the following configuration:
>> >>
>> >> maxMessagesPerTask: 1
>> >> cacheLevel: CONSUMER
>> >> maxConcurrentConsumer: 3 (more than 1, basically)
>> >> concurrentConsumers: 1
>> >> sessionAcknowledgeMode: Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE
>> >>
>> >> When Spring scales back the dynamic amount of consumers, the network
>> >> subscription appears to get lost and messages pile up on the producer
>> >> side.
>> >>
>> >> Workaround:
>> >>
>> >> Use concurrentConsumers instead of maxConcurrentConsumers so that
>> >> there are a static number of consumers (not setting maxMessagesPerTask
>> >> also seems to work).
>> >
>> > If this is a topology of more than two brokers, you may want to try
>> > setting the suppressDuplicateQueueSubscriptions=true on the network
>> > connector to improve the dispatching sufficiency. It essentially
>> > eliminates some of the duplicate routes to a given consumer. More info
>> > is available here:
>> >
>> >
>> http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html#NetworksofBrokers-NetworkConnectorProperties
>> >
>> > Also, there is a prefetchSize property on the network connector that
>> > is not documented on the ActiveMQ website. You may try setting that to
>> > 1 on the network connector.
>> >
>> > Bruce
>> > --
>> > perl -e 'print
>> unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"
>> > );'
>> >
>> > ActiveMQ in Action: http://bit.ly/2je6cQ
>> > Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
>> > Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder
>> >
>>
>
>
>
> --
> http://blog.garytully.com
>
> Open Source Integration
> http://fusesource.com
>

Mime
View raw message