activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: network of brokers
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:20:43 GMT
A forwarding bridge from A to B, causes A to connect to B and register a
consumer for  advisory messages about consumers. If it sees a consumer on B
for a destination to be networked, then it created a local 'proxy' consumer
on A that will forward messages produced on A to the consumer on B.
So a bridge from A to B will cause messages to be forwarded from A to B.

With a duplex network bridge, the forwarding can work in both directions but
the target need not know the transport connector of the initiator, this is
handy in a hub and spoke topology, where the spokes need only know the
transport connector of the hub. In the case of a firewall between brokers,
this also reduces the number of ports that need to be opened.

Under load, you will get better performance from non duplex bridges as there
will be separate connections in each direction.