activemq-users mailing list archives

From john robens <>
Subject config for InOut messages and restarting the server
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:56:26 GMT
Hi, wondering if you can help me.

I have a setup with the client as a Grails web-application, communicates
with a broker embedded in a spring server on the back end.

What I would like to solve, is that if the server is restarted the client
does not reconnect.

Grails client is configured as follows (resources.groovy):

case "production":

      // Not jencks - seems to be out of date.
      // Connect to server.
      _jmsConnectionFactory(ActiveMQConnectionFactory) {
        def server = ConfigurationHolder.config.caller.activemqServer
        brokerURL = server

        connectionFactory = ref('_jmsConnectionFactory')

      jmsConfig(org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsConfiguration) {
        connectionFactory = ref('jmsConnectionFactory')
        transacted = true
        concurrentConsumers = 10

        configuration = ref('jmsConfig')

My url just has compression set:

My messaging call is:

def response =

My server is setup:

   <broker:broker useJmx="false" persistent="false" brokerName="tcp">
          <!--          <broker:policyEntry topic=">"
advisoryForConsumed="true"/>  -->

            <broker:transportConnector name="tcp" uri="${activemq.uri}"/>

It happily processes along. If I kill the server and restart the call to
requestBody doesn't work:

Server complains with: 'Cannot publish to a deleted destination:
If I put on full trace logging, I just start getting 'InactivityMonitor'
messages in the client (Grails side).

I have read some similar posts that say it is a setting I can make with the
url called. I have been through ActiveMQ in Action and searched, but it is
not obvious to me.

0434 996 607