activemq-users mailing list archives

From <Andreas.We...@attensity.com>
Subject AW: Pure Master / Slave - start order
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 08:52:27 GMT
Hi Bruce/Joe,

thanks for the information.

Damned, I was so glad to see the start order problem being gone by using
the failover protocol in the masterConnectorURI.
But unfortunately issue
(https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2743) is right, failover
to slave does not work any more after master crash.

I also tried to use the connectionTimeout parameter (without failover
protocol):
 <broker ...
masterConnectorURI="tcp://master:61616?connectionTimeout=0">

I thought that this could help to let the slave wait until being able to
establish the connection to the master. But same Connection error as
seen in my first posting was thrown immediately on startup.

Any more suggestions about a workaround or a patch?

 Andreas

> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Joe Fernandez
> <joe.fernandez@ttmsolutions.com> wrote:
> >
> > Well, I just gave it a try myself and it didn't quite do the trick.
With the