activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQ Persistence Store explanation
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 07:32:25 GMT
indexKeySize is the maximum size of a key used in a persistent hashmap used for indexes. Don't
change this :)
indexPageSize is the size of the page in the persistent hashmap - multiple pages are stored
in a has bin. 4096 is the optimum size (or multiples of that)
indexBinSize is the initial number of bins - usually the larger the better - to avoid a rehash.

Having said all that - download 5.3.2 - http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-532-release.html
and use KahaDB - its faster, recovery is quicker and there are more options with recoverying
corrupted log files - see http://activemq.apache.org/kahadb.html

cheers,

Rob