activemq-users mailing list archives

From sonicBasher <sonicBas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ mixes up order of messages while receiving them from Camel
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 08:12:04 GMT

Hi Clark,

I'm using Client-Server topology, meaning I just access ActiveMQ via tcp. I
do it like this:

final String brokerURL = "tcp://localhost:61616";
ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new
ActiveMQConnectionFactory(brokerURL);
context.addComponent("jms",
JmsComponent.jmsComponentAutoAcknowledge(connectionFactory));

where context is obviously my DefaultCamelContext object.

As for the config files, I haven't changed anything. My activemq.xml looks
like this:

<!--
    contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
    The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
    (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
    the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

    limitations under the License.
-->
<beans
  xmlns:amq="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd">

    <!-- Allows us to use system properties as variables in this
configuration file -->
    <bean
        <property name="locations">
            <value>file:${activemq.base}/conf/credentials.properties</value>
        </property>
    </bean>

    <!--
        The <broker> element is used to configure the ActiveMQ broker.
    -->
    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
brokerName="localhost" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data"
destroyApplicationContextOnStop="true">

        <!--
			For better performances use VM cursor and small memory limit.
			For more information, see:

            http://activemq.apache.org/message-cursors.html

            Also, if your producer is "hanging", it's probably due to
producer flow control.
            For more information, see:
            http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html
        -->

        <destinationPolicy>
            <policyMap>
              <policyEntries>
                <policyEntry topic=">" producerFlowControl="true"
memoryLimit="1mb">
                  <pendingSubscriberPolicy>
                    <vmCursor />
                  </pendingSubscriberPolicy>
                </policyEntry>
                <policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="true"
memoryLimit="1mb">
                  <!-- Use VM cursor for better latency
                       For more information, see:

                       http://activemq.apache.org/message-cursors.html

                  <pendingQueuePolicy>
                    <vmQueueCursor/>
                  </pendingQueuePolicy>
                  -->
                </policyEntry>
              </policyEntries>
            </policyMap>
        </destinationPolicy>

        <!--
            The managementContext is used to configure how ActiveMQ is
exposed in
            JMX. By default, ActiveMQ uses the MBean server that is started
by
            the JVM. For more information, see:

            http://activemq.apache.org/jmx.html
        -->
        <managementContext>
            <managementContext createConnector="false"/>
        </managementContext>

        <!--
            Configure message persistence for the broker. The default
persistence
            mechanism is the KahaDB store (identified by the kahaDB tag).
            For more information, see:

            http://activemq.apache.org/persistence.html
        -->
        <persistenceAdapter>
            <kahaDB directory="${activemq.base}/data/kahadb"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>

          <!--
            The systemUsage controls the maximum amount of space the broker
will
            use before slowing down producers. For more information, see:

            http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html

        <systemUsage>
            <systemUsage>
                <memoryUsage>
                    <memoryUsage limit="20 mb"/>
                </memoryUsage>
                <storeUsage>
                    <storeUsage limit="1 gb" name="foo"/>
                </storeUsage>
                <tempUsage>
                    <tempUsage limit="100 mb"/>
                </tempUsage>
            </systemUsage>
        </systemUsage>
		-->

        <!--
            The transport connectors expose ActiveMQ over a given protocol
            clients and other brokers. For more information, see:

            http://activemq.apache.org/configuring-transports.html
        -->
        <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://0.0.0.0:61616"/>
        </transportConnectors>

    </broker>

    <!--
        Uncomment to enable Camel
        Take a look at activemq-camel.xml for more details

    <import resource="camel.xml"/>
    -->

    <!--
        Enable web consoles, REST and Ajax APIs and demos
        Take a look at activemq-jetty.xml for more details
    -->
    <import resource="jetty.xml"/>

</beans>

I tried to enable camel in activemq.xml by uncommenting the  <import
resource="camel.xml"/> line, but it doesn't seem to help either - still
getting mixed up messages.
My camel.xml looks like that:

<!--
    contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
    The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
    (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
    the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

    limitations under the License.
-->
<!--

    Lets deploy some Enterprise Integration Patterns inside the ActiveMQ
Message Broker
    For more information, see:

    http://camel.apache.org

    Include this file in your configuration to enable Camel

    e.g. <import resource="camel.xml"/>
-->
<beans
   xsi:schemaLocation="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring
http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd">

  	<camelContext id="camel" xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">

        <!-- You can use a <packages> element for each root package to
search for Java routes -->
        <packageScan>
           <package>org.foo.bar</package>
        </packageScan>

        <!-- You can use Spring XML syntax to define the routes here using
the <route> element -->
        <route>
            <from uri="activemq:example.A"/>
            <to uri="activemq:example.B"/>
        </route>
    </camelContext>

    <!--
       Lets configure some Camel endpoints

       http://camel.apache.org/components.html
    -->

    <!-- configure the camel activemq component to use the current broker
-->
    <bean id="activemq"
class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent" >
       <property name="userName" value="${activemq.username}"/>
       <property name="password" value="${activemq.password}"/>
    </bean>
</beans>

I'm not sure if any other config files might have impact on what is going on
in my case. If yes, please do let me know.

regards