activemq-users mailing list archives

From "ami.rozen" <>
Subject network of brokers question
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 06:33:31 GMT

We are using the activemq brokers in a high scale production environment.
To prevent downtime we decided to configure the brokers to work as a network
of brokers.
There are 2 brokers which use a fixed list of urls to connect to each other.
The clients and services use the failover url with a list of the available
Currently we have 2 clients that connect to the brokers and we saw (in the
brokers UI) that the messages aren't distributed in an even way.
1) Is this ok ?
2) is there a configuration to distribute the messages evenly between the
brokers ?
3) Is there an additional configuration which can bust the performance ? We
don't mind losing messages if one of the brokers is down.

The configuration we are using in the broker xml file is:
            <networkConnector name="default-dev13"
        <!-- The transport connectors ActiveMQ will listen to -->
            <transportConnector name="openwire"
            <transportConnector name="ssl" uri="ssl://localhost:61617"/>
            <transportConnector name="stomp" uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
            <transportConnector name="xmpp" uri="xmpp://localhost:61222"/>
Thank you